5 Jul 2007


"And it seems to me perfectly in the cards that there will be within the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing … a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda, brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods." Huxley statement on democracy 1959


Well no time for an in depth analysis but I thought I would flag up Aldous Huxley. As Greens we need to get educated to our roots and one strong root is Huxley. His Brave New World, Brave New World and the eco utopia Island all influenced me strongly.


He is strong on ecology.

Stong on how politics becomes about management, conning us with soma and feelies...drugs and very interactive cinema.

the high tech bread and circuses with collusion even by the radicals.

He is the prophet who predicted George Galloway would go on big brother.

I remember him writing that the only people fit for political office are those who don't want it. An accurate sentiment.

I guess if I looked at his life and works in detail I would find disagreements and holes, I think I read some where he was a bit class ridden hope I am not defaming his memory.

Seems a bit of a population bomb man....however lets read him and be challenged.

Huxley was most famous for taking lsd on his death bed.

Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles

Derek Wall ’s article entitled  Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles , argues that Ma...